Original chapel built 1815-16 at a cost of £1,121. Demolished c.1896 and a new chapel built on the same site, which opened 22 May 1897.
COMMERCIAL ROAD (south side), Skelmanthorpe. Central Methodist Church. Wesleyan Church. Late C19. Small, coursed, squared stone with ashlar dressings; green slate roof. North front: two storeys; nave and aisles with wide gable, side parapets and gabled dividing butresses. Central entrance under small gable. Above this is a large window with plate tracery under extended frieze inscribed 'WESLEYAN CHURCH'. Other windows are lancets. Three-bay returns have paired windows and stepped butresses defining bays. Interior: gallery. Good quality original panelling and raised pulpit.