Wellington Inn, Burnlee, Upperthong

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: Liphill Bank, Burnlee, Upperthong
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

The Wellington Inn was in existence by January 1857, when the Leeds Times reported that the licence had been transferred from Jonathan Sandford to Harry Winpenny.[1]

The premises was closed after being referred to the Compensation Authority by the Brewster Sessions of 1911, presumably due to its close proximity to the Farmers Arms Inn. At that time, the licensee was widow Elizabeth Taylor (born in Honley).

Ordnance Survey maps suggest that the building had been demolished by the 1930s.

Location

Notes and References

  1. "Huddersfield" in Leeds Times (10/Jan/1857).

Wellington Inn, Burnlee, Upperthong

Categories

Buildings | Demolished buildings | Public houses, beerhouses, inns, etc. | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 24 June 2019 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed