War Memorial, Armitage Bridge
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: against the southern side of St. Paul's Church, Armitage Bridge
- status: still exists
- category: war memorial
- UK National Inventory of War Memorials: #26126
The memorial is notable for including staff nurse Ada Stanley who was the only Huddersfield woman to die on active service during the First World War.
Grant them O Lord eternal rest and may the light perpetual shine on them
First World War
Second World War
The following map shows locations linked to those named on the memorial:
Notes and References
- ↑ Possibly Irwin Archibald Stocks (1898-1918), whose father Hamor is known to have resided in the Berry Brow area.
- ↑ https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/2402038/
- ↑ https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/2323296/
- ↑ https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/2406297/
- ↑ Probably https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/2822084/
- ↑ https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/2222845/