Walter Percival Bailey (1884-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BAILEY, WALTER PERCIVAL. Lance Corporal. No 38205. Yorkshire Regiment. Born New Mill, Holmfirth. Lived 16 Rock Terrace, Brockholes. Married, with one child. Employed by Messrs Taylor and Lodge, Rashcliffe Mills, Huddersfield. Formerly connected with New Mill Parish Church and a playing member of the Brockholes Bowling Club. Enlisted September 1916. Killed in action at the Battle of Arras, 24.4.1917. Commemorated on the ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal WALTER PERCIVAL BAILEY
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Tuesday, April 24, 1917
- record ID: 739337
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #739337)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #132137)