Walter Kitchen (c.1882-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KITCHEN, WALTER. Private. No 65134. 61st Company, Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 23549 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of Mary Hannah Kitchen, 6 Brier Lane, Birchencliffe, Huddersfield. Educated Oakes Board School. Employed as a stone mason by Messrs Bentley and Swift of Kirkheaton. Husband of Nellie Kitchen, 11 Burn Road, Birchencliffe. Enlisted July 1916. Died of wounds at No 54 Casualty Clearing Station on 30.5.1918, aged 35 years. Buried AIRE COMMUNAL CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row K, Grave 47.
- ROH:- St. Philip's Church, Birchencliffe.
- Brother of Private GIDEON SHAW KITCHEN who died of wounds, 24.4.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WALTER KITCHEN
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Thursday, May 30, 1918
- age: 35 years
- record ID: 467149