Walter Holt (?-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOLT, WALTER. Private. No 2754. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Halifax. Lived 25 Back Freehold Street, Primrose Hill. Married, with five children. Employed as a relief porter by the London and North Western Railway Company at Huddersfield station. Attended St. Matthew's Church, Primrose Hill. Was an old Volunteer and a member of the National Reserve. He enlisted at the outbreak of the war. Died of wounds, 7.7.1916, 30 years. Buried PUCHEVILLERS BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row D, Grave 43.
- ROH:- St. Matthew's Church, Primrose Hill; Huddersfield Drill Hall; London and North Western Railway Company Roll.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HOLT
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Friday, July 7, 1916
- record ID: 511459
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #511459)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1950084)