Walter Holt (?-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOLT, WALTER. Private. No 2754. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Halifax. Lived 25 Back Freehold Street, Primrose Hill. Married, with five children. Employed as a relief porter by the London and North Western Railway Company at Huddersfield station. Attended St. Matthew's Church, Primrose Hill. Was an old Volunteer and a member of the National Reserve. He enlisted at the outbreak of the war. Died of wounds, 7.7.1916, 30 years. Buried PUCHEVILLERS BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row D, Grave 43.
- ROH:- St. Matthew's Church, Primrose Hill; Huddersfield Drill Hall; London and North Western Railway Company Roll.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HOLT
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Friday, July 7, 1916
- record ID: 511459
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #511459)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1950084)