Walter Hall (1896-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HALL, WALTER. Private. No 52536. 1st Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Lockwood 15.11.1896. Son of Joe Walter and Amelia Hall, Fair Street, Lockwood. Educated at Mount Pleasant Council School. Employed as a motor driver. Single. Enlisted June 1917. Reported missing at Lagnicourt on 21.3.1918 and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Stephen's Church, Rashcliffe; Mount Pleasant Chapel, Lockwood; memorial in Lockwood Cemetery.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WALTER HALL
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Thursday, March 21, 1918
- record ID: 637726
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #637726)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1525288)