Walter Ernest Pearson (1883-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- PEARSON, WALTER ERNEST. Lance Corporal. No M2/270093. 403rd Company, Mechanical Transport, Army Service Corps, attached 293rd Siege Brigade Ammunition Column, Born Paddock 2.12.1883. Son of Walter Pearson 27 Clough Lane, Paddock. Educated Paddock Church schools and Huddersfield Technical College. Employed as a commission agent for Messrs Bairstow, Sons and Company, Fitzwilliam Street, Huddersfield for sixteen years. Husband of Eva Pearson, Old Hall, Shepley. Enlisted 15.11.1916. Was wounded in the abdomen and right arm when trying to free his motor lorry which had become stuck in the mud. Died of wounds at No 4 Casualty Clearing Station, Proven, Belgium, on 15.7.1917, aged 34 years. Buried DOZINGHEM MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row C, Grave 13.
- ROH:- All Saints Church, Paddock.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal WALTER ERNEST PEARSON
- regiment: Army Service Corps
- died: Sunday, July 15, 1917
- age: 34 years
- record ID: 153648
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #153648)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3455695)