Walter Ernest Fowle (1878-1919)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FOWLE, WALTER ERNEST. Private. No 8035. 3rd Battalion Norfolk Regiment; transferred to No 67350 Labour Corps. Born Lakenham, Norwich, in August 1878. Son of the late John Bark and Georgina Fowle. Husband of Eva Fowle, 58 Essex Street, Norwich and 2 Cuthbert's Buildings, Northgate, Huddersfield. Employed as a caretaker at Norwich Catholic Church. Served in the South African War. Was making his home in Huddersfield when the war commenced. Died in Huddersfield Royal Infirmary of pneumonia, 5.3.1919, aged 41 years. Buried EDGERTON CEMETERY, HUDDERSFIELD. Grave location:- 11B, 116.
- Brother of Private CHARLES ALFRED FOWLE killed in action, 13.10.1914.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WALTER ERNEST FOWLE
- regiment: Norfolk Regiment
- died: Wednesday, March 5, 1919
- age: 41 years
- record ID: 2752095
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752095)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2526811)