Walter Booth Bray (c.1886-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BRAY, WALTER BOOTH. Private. No 23585. 2/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Thongsbridge, Huddersfield. Educated at Netherthong National School. Employed by Messrs T. Dyson and Sons, Deanhouse Mills. Was a member of the Netherthong Working Men's Club and the Free Gardener's Society. A keen footballer and cricketer. Married. Enlisted in January 1917. Killed in action, 27.3.1918. Buried POMMIER COMMUNAL CEMETERY. Grave location:- Grave 1.
- ROH:- Netherthong and Thongsbridge War Memorial; Netherthong Working Men's Club; Huddersfield Drill Hall; commemorated on a memorial in All Saints Churchyard, Netherthong.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BRAY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, March 27, 1918
- record ID: 266729
- History of Netherthong: Netherthong and its WW1 heroes
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #266729)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #478414)