Walter Booth Bray (c.1886-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BRAY, WALTER BOOTH. Private. No 23585. 2/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Thongsbridge, Huddersfield. Educated at Netherthong National School. Employed by Messrs T. Dyson and Sons, Deanhouse Mills. Was a member of the Netherthong Working Men's Club and the Free Gardener's Society. A keen footballer and cricketer. Married. Enlisted in January 1917. Killed in action, 27.3.1918. Buried POMMIER COMMUNAL CEMETERY. Grave location:- Grave 1.
- ROH:- Netherthong and Thongsbridge War Memorial; Netherthong Working Men's Club; Huddersfield Drill Hall; commemorated on a memorial in All Saints Churchyard, Netherthong.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BRAY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, March 27, 1918
- record ID: 266729
- History of Netherthong: Netherthong and its WW1 heroes
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #266729)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #478414)