Walpole Hotel, Dryclough Road, Crosland Moor
- also known as: The Crosland (final name before closure)
- location: Dryclough Road (junction of Walpole Road), Crosland Moor
- status: still exists but now in different use
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
Built after permission was granted in 1938 to transfer the licence of the Wheat Sheaf (Upperhead Row, Huddersfield) to a new premises. Originally called The Walpole, it was later renamed The Crosland. The premises had closed by 2011.
The History of Lockwood and North Crosland (1980) by Brian Clarke:
The last public house to date to be built in the area. Licensed from 9th February 1938 and built by Bentley & Shaw to serve the then new Corporation housing estate. The house is today under the Tetley sign.
Notes and References
- "Huddersfield Decisions" in Yorkshire Post (10/Mar/1938).