Walks from the Kirklees Way: A Guide for Explorers of Millscape and Moor contains an overview of the history of the area and a series of 12 guided walks which make use of sections of the Kirklees Way.
It was written by John Morrison and published in 1995 by Leading Edge Press and Published Ltd. of North Yorkshire.
- The Luddites
- Places to Visit
- Walk 1: Huddersfield: A View from Canal and Ginnel (5 miles)
- Walk 2: South of Cleckheaton (6½ miles)
- Walk 3: Red House and Oakwell Hall (5 miles)
- Walk 4: The Rural Face of Batley (5 miles)
- Walk 5: Dewsbury: A Shoddy Tale (6 miles)
- Walk 6: Flockton and Emley (4 miles)
- Walk 7: Skelmanthorpe and Clayton West (6 miles)
- Walk 8: Shepley (5 miles)
- Walk 9: Fells of the Holme Valley (3 miles)
- Walk 10: The Wessenden Valley and Meltham Moor (12 miles)
- Walk 11: A Moorland Round from Tunnel End (4½ miles)
- Walk 12: Golcar: A Hand Weaving Village on a Hilltop (4 miles)