Waggon and Horses Inn, Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth

This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...


  • location: Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth, Upperthong
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

The inn was in existence by 1828 when James Shackleton was the landlord. James lost his son, Richard Shackleton, and three of his grandchildren in the Holmfirth Flood of 1852.

The premises was acquired by Seth Senior & Sons by the late 1890s.

The inn closed on 31 December 1954. The building survived until the early 1990s before being demolished.


    Loading... ::::::omeka tag Waggon and Horses Inn (Holmfirth):::


Further Reading