Wadsley and Langsett Turnpike Road

The Wadsley & Langsett Turnpike was a 8-mile toll road that commenced at Honley Toll House and passed through Smithy Place, New Mill, Jackson Bridge to the Flouch Inn in Langsett. Here it joined the Doncaster and Salter's Brook Turnpike Road road (running east & west) and continued southwards as the Wadsley, Langsett & Sheffield Turnpikeroad.

The subsequent branches of the turnpike were

  • Holmfirth District Branch of the Wadsley and Langsett Turnpike Road (1823)
  • New Mill District Branch of the Wadsley and Langsett Turnpike Road (1823)
  • Dunford District Branch of the Wadsley and Langsett Turnpike Road (1842)

Route

[ open in new window ]

Wadsley and Langsett Turnpike Road

Categories

Streets and roads | Turnpike roads
This page was last modified on 24 March 2017 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed