Vincent Frank Brown (c.1886-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BROWN, VINCENT FRANK. Gunner. No 68484. 32nd Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Preston. Son of Frank and Sarah Hannah Brown, 2 Sussex Street, Salford, Manchester. Lived Grange Cottages, Marsden. Employed as a weaver by Messrs Crowther Bruce and Company Limited. Was a member of the Marsden Socialist Club. Single. Embarked for France in July, 1916. Killed in action, 9.4.1918, aged 31 years. Buried in ROYAL IRISH RIFLES GRAVEYARD, LAVENTIE. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row C, Grave 9.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner VINCENT FRANK BROWN
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Tuesday, April 9, 1918
- age: 31 years
- record ID: 597464
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #597464)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #558919)