Victoria Inn, Hoyle House, Linthwaite

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: 835 Manchester Road, Hoyle House, Linthwaite[1]
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

The Victoria was a beerhouse situated next to Longfield Dyeworks.

The licencee from 1903 until closure in 1939 was Fred Dyson.

It was initially referred to the Compenssation Authority for closure on the grounds of redudnancy following the Brewster Sessions of 1938[2] but was granted a reprieve. However, it was referred again the following year and was closed.

It seems likely that the beerhouse's owners, Bentley & Shaw Ltd, then sold the property to the dyeworks who then demolised it to allow their works to be expanded.

Location

Notes and References

  1. Thank you to Bob Hirst for helping identify the location.
  2. The other premises to be reffered were: Red Lion (Lepton), Travellers Rest (Kirkburton) and Shoulder of Mutton (Fulstone).