Victor Stanyer (c.1897-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- STANYER, VICTOR. Private. No 268385. 2/4th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Marsden. Second son of William and Gertrude Ellen Stanyer, New Delight, Marsden. Employed as a teaser at Bank Bottom Mills, Marsden. Was a member of the Adult School. Enlisted October 1916. Embarked for France in January, 1917. Killed in action near Rheims, 20.7.1918, aged 21 years. Buried MARFAUX BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row E, Grave 7.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private VICTOR STANYER
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, July 20, 1918
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 309550
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #309550)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4233198)