Urban Districts — governed by elected Urban District Councils — replaced Local Boards following the Local Government Act of 1894 and were given increased powers and responsibilities under the the terms of the Act, such as parks, cemeteries and local planning.
The boundaries of the first urban districts (shaded in green and based on the 1906 O.S. map) are show below, along with the Country Borough of Huddersfield (shaded in red):
Following the abolition of most of the urban districts and reallocation of land in 1938, the remaining local urban districts were:
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.