Turnbridge Working Men's Club is extant social club which was in existence by 1901.
The Turnbridge Working Men's Club, Huddersfield, having acquired on lease as a club house the residence in St. Andrew's Road until a few months ago tenanted by Mr. H.E. Calvert, the premises were formally opened last night. There are 170 members, forty having been added within the past few weeks. A large billiard-room, with two tables, has been formed by the conversion of four upper rooms. There are reading, commercial, and smoke rooms, and a bath. The cost of conversion and decoration, about £300, is being met by the issue of 5s. shares to members. Major Beadon declared the club open, and Colonel E.H. Carlile responded to the toast of "The Army and Navy," proposed by Mr. Joe Kilner.