This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: 12 Swan Lane, Lockwood
- status: still exists but now in different usage
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
Known to have been a Bentley & Shaw Ltd. beerhouse in the early 1880s. Apparently demolished at some point and replaced with the current property which curves around the corner of Swan Lane and Victoria Road. Believed to have ceased being a public house circa 2008.
Census Returns & Directories
- 1881 — Charles Batty (34)
- 1901 — widow publican Mary H. Ainley (48)
- 1937 — Jane Ellen Sykes