Known to have been a Bentley & Shaw Ltd. beerhouse in the early 1880s. Apparently demolished at some point and replaced with the current property which curves around the corner of Swan Lane and Victoria Road. Believed to have ceased being a public house circa 2008.
The History of Lockwood and North Crosland (1980) by Brian Clarke:
This beerhouse, opened in 1866, appears to have been owned by Bentley & Shaw from the start. Rebuilt 1926 the licence was converted to inn status in 1961 and this Bass house is still open.