Tom Middleton (c.1869-1915)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MIDDLETON, TOM. Private. No PLY/4342 (RMR/A/778. Royal Marine Light Infantry. HMS Goliath. Son of Christopher and Betsy Middleton. Brother of Mr W. Middleton, 35 Midland Street, Huddersfield. Employed as a labourer by the London and North Western Railway Company. Killed in an action with a Turkish destroyer in the Dardenelles on 13.5.1915, aged 45 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated PLYMOUTH NAVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private TOM MIDDLETON
- regiment: Royal Marine Light Infantry
- died: Thursday, May 13, 1915
- age: 45 years
- record ID: 3042620
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #3042620)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #7688458)