Thomas Homer Forshew (1894-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FORSHAW, TOM HAMER. Private. No 306364. 'A' Company, 2/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Golcar. Son of William Richard and Mary Emma Forshaw, 85 Swallow Lane, Golcar. Employed by Messrs B. and J. Whitwam, Stanley Mills, Golcar. Attended St. John's Church, Golcar. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917, aged 22. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
- Brother of Private EDWARD HORACE FORSHAW killed in action, 14.5.1917.
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1557377)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2512879)