Tom Dyson (c.1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- DYSON, TOM. Private. No 241896. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Milnsbridge. Son of Fred and Clara Jane Dyson, 22 Scar Lane, Milnsbridge. Educated Crow Lane Board School, Milnsbridge. Employed by Messrs B. and J. Whitwam and Sons Limited of Golcar. Attended Milnsbridge Wesleyan Sunday School. Embarked for France January, 1917. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917, aged 23 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Mission, Milnsbridge; St. John's Church, Golcar; Crow Lane Board School, Milnsbridge; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private TOM DYSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 1540970
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1540970)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2357258)