Tom Brook (c.1884-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BROOK, TOM. Private. No 14408. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Meltham. Lived Meltham Mills. Employed by Messrs Floyd of Netherthong. Single. Enlisted November 1914. Served in the Dardenelles and was invalided home. Embarked for France in August, 1916. Reported missing, presumed killed, 12.10.1916, aged 32. Buried in GUARDS' CEMETERY, (LESBOEUFS). Grave location:- Plot 6, Row AA, Grave 7.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BROOK
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, October 12, 1916
- record ID: 542545
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #542545)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #517761)