Tom Beaumont (c.1892-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEAUMONT, TOM. Private. No 29159. 5th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Born Honley, Son of Mr and Mrs John Beaumont, 58 George Street, Milnsbridge. Employed as a finisher by Messrs Titus Calverley and Sons Limited, Milnsbridge. Was a member of Milnsbridge Socialist Club. Enlisted 28.3.1916. Embarked for France, 17.7.1916. Wounded in action and was in hospital for five months. Returned to France, 5.3.1917. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Arras, 23.4.1917, aged 24 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Milnsbridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private TOM BEAUMONT
- regiment: Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Monday, April 23, 1917
- record ID: 740372
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #740372)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #266234)