Thomas Vincent Walker (c.1894-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WALKER, THOMAS VINCENT. Private. No 204429. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Elder son of Edward and Frances Walker, 5 Gordon Terrace, Linthwaite. Employed by the Globe Worsted Company Limited, Slaithwaite. Attended the Holthead General Sunday School. Enlisted at the outbreak of the war. Embarked for France on 10.1.1917. Twice wounded. Returned to France in January, 1918. Died of wounds, 16.4.1918, aged 23 years. Buried LE VERTANNOY BRITISH CEMETERY, HINGES. Grave location:- Row A, Grave 7.
- ROH:- Linthwaite War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private THOMAS VINCENT WALKER
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, April 16, 1918
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 247708
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #247708)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5298626)