This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific person. More in-depth information may eventually be added. If you have any further details relating to this person, please leave a comment or get in touch
Thomas Thompson Dunderdale was a land agent for the Whitley Beaumont Estate and Henry Frederick Beaumont (1833-1913).
He was born on was born on 18 August 1809 at Leeds, the son of William Thompson Dunderdale, and was baptised on 3 May 1810 at St. Peter, Leeds.
He married Mary Eliza Bennett of Almondbury, daughter of surgeon James Bennett, on 18 April 1844 at All Hallows, Almondbury. The couple had seven known children:
- Anne Dunderdale (1845-1884)
- Thomas Dunderdale (1846-1885?)
- William James Dunderdale (1847-1895)
- Elizabeth Dunderdale (1850-1856)
- Alfred Dunderdale (c.1852-?)
- Edward Dunderdale (1854-1874)
- Henry Dunderdale (1856-1927)
At the time of the 1851 Census, the family was residing at Whitley Hall. By 1861, they had moved to Greenfield, Bath Buildings, Huddersfield.
Mary Eliza Dunderdale died in March 1868 and was buried on 24 March at the Church of St. Mary and Michael, Whitley Lower.
When he retired in the 1870s, his son William James took over the stewardship of the Whitley Beaumont Estate.
Thomas Thompson Dunderdale of Bellomonte, Lepton, died on 31 October 1889, aged 80, and was buried on 6 November at the Church of St. Mary & St. Michael, Whitley Lower.
Notes and References
- ↑ Born 2 February 1845 and baptised 18 April 1845 at St. John the Baptist, Kirkheaton. Died a spinster aged 39 in March 1884 and buried 27 March at the Church of St. Mary and Michael, Whitley Lower.
- ↑ Born 21 March 1846 and baptised 21 May 1846 at St. John the Baptist, Kirkheaton. Married Ada Learoyd on 25 April 1872 at Kirkheaton. Possibly died in 1885 at Paddington, London.
- ↑ Born 1 February 1850 and baptised 18 April 1850 at St. John the Baptist, Kirkheaton. Died aged 6 in August 1856 and buried 6 August at the Church of St. Mary and Michael, Whitley Lower.
- ↑ Born 15 May 1854 and baptised 9 July 1854 at the Church of St. Mary and Michael, Whitley Lower. Died aged 19 in January 1874 and buried 19 January at the Church of St. Mary and Michael, Whitley Lower.
- ↑ Born 1856 Worked as an architect (1881 Census). Died in East Preston, Sussex, aged 70.
- ↑ William Bellomonte was an ancestor of the Beaumonts of Whitley.