Thomas Richardson (c.1894-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- RICHARDSON, THOMAS. Private. No 35344. 24th Brigade Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 19332 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born 76 Norman Road, Birkby, Huddersfield. Son of Herbert and Mary Ann Richardson, 17 Main Road, Primrose Hill, Huddersfield. Educated Stile Common Council School. Employed as a sweet boiler by Messrs Wallaces Limited, St. John's Road, Huddersfield for over seven years. Single. Attended Primrose Hill Baptist Chapel, where he was a member of the choir and the bible class. Enlisted 2.3.1916. Killed by a shell on 25.8.1916, aged 22 years. Buried VERMELLES BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:-Plot 3, Row P, Grave 15.
- ROH:- St. Stephen's Church, Rashcliffe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private THOMAS RICHARDSON
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Friday, August 25, 1916
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 252378