Thomas Richard Rochell (1893-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ROCHELL, THOMAS RICHARD. Private. No 301925. 1/7th Battalion Durham Light Infantry. Formerly No 4504 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Snake Hill, Mirfield. Son of John Rochelle, Clough, Battyeford, Mirfield. Educated Battyeford School, Mirfield. Employed as a miner. Married. Enlisted 1915. Killed in action, 22.9.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private THOMAS RICHARD ROCHELL
- regiment: Durham Light Infantry
- died: Saturday, September 22, 1917
- record ID: 1637501
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1637501)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3797653)