Thomas Houghland (?-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOUGHLAND, THOMAS. Corporal. No 241201. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Kirkheaton. Enlisted Huddersfield. Lived Poulton-le-Fylde. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Kirkheaton; Lepton Parish Church; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal THOMAS HOUGHLAND
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- record ID: 784277
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #784277)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1971477)