Thomas Hamer (1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAMER, THOMAS. Private. No 240673. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Albert Street, Lockwood, 10.5.1893. Both parents deceased. Lived with his Uncle and Aunt, Mr and Mrs Henry Sunderland Hodgson, at 14 Henry Street, off South Street, Huddersfield. Educated Rashcliffe Church of England School. Employed as a window cleaner by the Royal Crown Window Cleaning Company, of Henry Street. Single. Enlisted November 1914. Reported missing at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917, and afterwards presumed to have died on that date. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private THOMAS HAMER
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- record ID: 785026
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #785026)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5279029)