Thomas Flinton (1892-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FLINTON, THOMAS. Private. No 240174. 'C' Company 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Birks Mill, Almondbury, 19.9.1892. Son of Thomas and Rachel Flinton, 2 Long Croft, Almondbury. Educated Almondbury National School. Employed as a weaver by Messrs T. and H. Blamires Limited, Leeds Road, Huddersfield. Attended Almondbury Parish Church and was a member of the church football team. Enlisted 4.8.1914. Killed in action at Bourlon Wood, 27.11.1917, aged 23 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private FREDERICK WILLIAM FLINTON killed in action, 5.5.1915.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private THOMAS FLINTON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, November 27, 1917
- record ID: 1752937
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1752937)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2490961)