Thomas Edwin Neville Wright (1895-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WRIGHT, THOMAS EDWIN NEVILLE. Lance Corporal. No 240091. 1/5th Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment. Born Legborne, Lincolnshire 1.3.1895. Son of Edwin and Betsy Wright, 36 St. Helen's Lane, Almondbury, Huddersfield. Educated Alford Boys School, Lincolnshire. Employed as a dairyman. Single. Enlisted August 1914. Killed in action, 19.6.1917, at Lens, France, aged 22 years. Buried LOOS BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 19, Row C, Grave 10.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal THOMAS EDWIN NEVILLE WRIGHT
- regiment: Lincolnshire Regiment
- died: Tuesday, June 19, 1917
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 562875
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #562875)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4904013)