Thomas Edward Moss (c.1890-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MOSS, THOMAS EDWARD. Corporal. No 18819. 7/8th Battalion King's Own Scottish Borderers. Born Widnes. Lived Huddersfield. Employed as a fireman by the London and North Western Railway Company at Huddersfield station. Killed in action, 2.1.1917, aged 26 years. Buried PEAKE WOOD CEMETERY, FRICOURT. Grave location:- Row D, Grave 1.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal THOMAS EDWARD MOSS
- regiment: King's Own Scottish Borderers
- died: Tuesday, January 2, 1917
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 524082
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #524082)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3152771)