Thomas Cooper (c.1887-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- COOPER, THOMAS. Private. No 12999. 9th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Luddendenfoot, Halifax. Had lived in Marsden since 1911. Native of Littleborough. Lodged with Mrs Parkin at 3 Warehouse Hill, Marsden. Employed as a weaver by Mr J E Crowther, Bank Bottom Mills. Prior to enlistment, was employed on the London and North Western Railway at Marsden. Killed in action, 11.9.1915, aged 28 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private THOMAS COOPER
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, September 11, 1915
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 1607800
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1607800)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5103489)