Thomas Caine (c.1886-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CAINE, THOMAS. Corporal. No 3321. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Lived 5 Water Royd, Turnbridge, Huddersfield. Employed as a labourer by Mr. A. Graham, contractor, of Colne Road, Huddersfield. Attended St. Patrick's Church. Married, with five children, the youngest of whom was born a fortnight before her father was killed. Enlisted at the outbreak of the war and embarked for France in April, 1915. Killed in action, 20.1.1917, aged 30 years. Buried HUMBERCAMPS COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row C, Grave 14.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
- Brother of Private FREDERICK CAINE, MM, killed in action, 9.10.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal CAINE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, January 20, 1917
- record ID: 266595
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #266595)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5441418)