There's a Long, Long Trail (Bamforth series 4924)
"There's a Long, Long Trail" was a set of three hand-coloured postcards published by Bamforth & Co. Ltd. of Holmfirth.
The text is based on the popular First World One song of the same name, composed by Stoddard King (words) and Alonzo "Zo" Elliott (music).
The postcards were published as series number 4924
There's a Long, Long Trail (1)
- Nights are growing very lonely, days are very long,
- I'm a-growing weary, only list'ning for your song;
- Old remembrances are thronging thro' my memory,
- Thronging till it seems the world is full of dreams,
- Just to call you back to me.
There's a Long, Long Trail (2)
- There's a long, long trail a-winding into the land of my dreams,
- Where the nightingales are singing and the white moon beams;
- There's a long, long night of waiting, until my dreams all come true,
- Till the day when I'll be going down that long, long trail with you.
There's a Long, Long Trail (3)
- All night long I hear you calling, calling sweet and low,
- Seem to hear your footsteps falling ev'rywhere I go;
- Tho' the road between us stretches many a weary mile,
- Somehow I forget that you're not with me yet
- When I think I see you smile.