The Kitten was a beerhouse situated on Mill Moor Road, Meltham.
According to some sources, the first Wesleyan Chapel (built 1819) was situated between the Kitten beerhouse and the Cat Inn beerhouse, the latter having likely been established by John Waterhouse (c.1798-1859) in the 1830s. The second chapel was then built on the site of the Kitten between 1884 and 1886.
The 1841 Census records "retailer of beer" Hannah Waterhouse (c.1780-1852) as the adjacent entry to John Waterhouse, and she may have been his mother or aunt. By 1851, Hannah was still residing at the same location but was no longer listed as a beer seller.
Assuming the claim that the Kitten was situated on the left-hand side of the original Wesleyan Chapel is corect, its approximate location is given below: