The History and Topography of the Parish of Kirkburton and of the Graveship of Holme (1861) by Henry James Morehouse
The History and Topography of the Parish of Kirkburton and of the Graveship of Holme was written by Henry James Morehouse (1806-1890) and published in 1861 by H. Roebuck of King Street, Huddersfield.
In June 2017, a new digitisation of the book was prepared for Huddersfield Exposed and can be read online or freely downloaded as a PDF (30MB). A transcription of the book is currently being added to the web site.
Alternate scans of this book can be read online at the Internet Archive and British Library web sites.
- Preliminary and General Remarks
- A Brief Account of the Lords of the Manor of Wakefield
- The Advowson and Rectory of Burton
- Township of Burton Otherwise Kirkburton
- Township of Shelley
- Township of Shepley
- Cumberworth Half, in Kirkburton
- The Free Chase of Holmfirth — Otherwise the Graveship of Holme
- Township of Fulstone
- Chapelry and Church of Holmfirth
- Township of Wooldale
- Township of Hepworth
- Township of Cartworth
- Township of Holme
- Township of Austonley
- Township of Upper-Thong
- Disastrous Floods in the Holme Valley
Three different versions of this book can be freely downloaded in PDF format:
- Huddersfield Exposed (30MB)
- Internet Archive (19MB)
- British Library (70MB)
The author of this work, Henry John Morehouse, died in 1890 and his works are in the Public Domain.