The Flood Came and Took Them All Away (1852) - Appendix: List of More Bodies Found
The Flood Came and Took Them All Away: A Sermon on the Holmfirth Flood (1852) by Rev. Joshua Fawcett
- A Sermon (page 5)
- Awful Catastrophe at Holmfirth (page 31)
- List of the Bodies Found (page 80)
- Loss of Property (page 86)
- Additional Particulars (page 87)
- The Course of the Flood (page 88)
- Opening of the Inquest (page 117)
- Official Statement Made by Captain Moody (page 192)
- Sympathy and Support (page 220)
- List of More Bodies Found (page 226)
- A Poem (page 227)
List of More Bodies Found.
Since our list of the bodies found, given in pages 80 to 85, the following have been discovered, viz:—
- Mary Crosland, 19 years.
- Mary Metterick, 67 years.
- Joseph Dodd, 48 years.
- Alfred Metterick, 8 years.
- Thomas Charlesworth, 6 years.
- Richard Shackleton, 31 years.
- Ellen Ann Hartley, 3 years.
- Ann Bailey, 4 years.
The only bodies now missing are those of James Metterick, aged 57 years, and Joseph Marsden, 19 years.
Notes and References
- This is presumably a reference to Emor Charlesworth (1845-1852).