The Beerhouses and Inns of Meltham
"Stiff Shackles and Loose Pulleys: The Beerhouses and Inns of Meltham" contains research into the historic licensed premises in the Township of Meltham and was carried out for the Meltham Walkers are Welcome group.
The most recent version (v1.1.0) of the document can be downloaded here:
- The Beerhouses and Inns of Meltham (6MB PDF)
Please email any corrections or additions to ...
Meltham Walkers are Welcome gave a guided tour of many of the locations on Sunday 20 May 2018.
Read Online (v1.0.5)
- 1.0 — initial version
- 1.0.1 — formatting corrections (5 May 2018)
- 1.0.2 — corrections and additions courtesy of Sue Walker (3 April 2020)
- 1.0.3 — minor corrections (20 June 2020)
- 1.0.4 — minor corrections and addition of "Meltham – 50 Years Ago" document (5 July 2020)
- this version contains an erroneous entry for Lawrence Haigh and the Swan Inn which will be corrected in the next version
- 1.0.5 — minor corrections and addition of "Meltham – 80 Years Ago" document (22 December 2020)
- 1.1.0 — Isle of Skye entry rewritten, entries added for Wessenden Head Inn and Highland Laddie/Shepherds Boy beerhouse (25 February 2021)