Ted Bray (c.1886-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BRAY, TED. Gunner. No 194355. 154th Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Golcar. Son of John and Alice Bray, of Knowle Road, Golcar. husband of Maria Varley Bray of Longcroft, Golcar. Was in business as a stonemason. Enlisted January 1918. Killed in action, 4.6.1918, aged 31 years. Buried HAGLE DUMP CEMETERY, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row B, Grave 1.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Golcar; Golcar Baptist Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner TED BRAY
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Tuesday, June 4, 1918
- age: 31 years
- record ID: 2938640
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2938640)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #478231)