Taylor and Hobson, Limited
Taylor & Hobson Ltd. was a furniture making and interior decorating company with offices at 26 New Street, Huddersfield.
It was registered in 1899 and superseded the cabinet making firm of Alfred Taylor & Sons (est. 1851) and is sometimes named as Alfred Taylor & Hobson Ltd.
An invoice from 1907 described their services as including:
- furniture & interior decorations
- carpets, bedsteads, bedding, etc.
- window fitments
- cosy corners
- dadoes, panelling, etc.
A newspaper advertisement from 1915 described them as "cabinet makers, upholsterers, and carpet merchants".
The business was still in existence in the 1950s.
John William Taylor of Glen Hohr, Gledholt, Huddersfield, was linked to the company.
Notes and References
- The Stock Exchange Year Book (1908).
- "Huddersfield Bequests" in Yorkshire Post (20/May/1916).