This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1905 [#65]
- location on map: off Close Hill (now Blue Bell Hill), Blue Bell Hill
- status: still exists
- category: club
- notes: closed circa 1980s, became The Bluebell pub, later reopened as a Working Men's Club circa 2010
Historic England Listing
CLOSE HILL LANE 1. 5113 (South Side) Taylor Hill Taylor Hill Working Men's Club SE 1314 43/375 II 2. Mid C19. Hammer-dressed stone, with ashlar dressings and blocking course. Pitched stone slate roof with coped gables. 2 storeys. Eaves cornice and blocking course, with painted wreaths in relief at ends and centre. 3 ranges of sashes with glazing bars in moulded surrounds, those on ground floor with cornices and blocking course, over. Door with 2 moulded panels and oblong fanlight, flanked by Tuscan pilasters taking full entablature and blocking course.