Swan With Two Necks, West Gate, Huddersfield
- also known as: the Royal Swan
- appears on maps: 1851 [#400], 1890 [#913]
- location on map: West Gate, Huddersfield
- listed in: Baines (1822)
- status: still exists but now in different use
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
- notes: with yard behind, property was previously the Victoria Tavern (1851 map)
The 1851 map shows that the Swan With Two Necks was originally situated next door at what was the smaller Paragon Inn on the 1890 map. In 1851, this specific property was the Victoria Tavern. The Swan moved prior to August 1868, when Adam Oddy applied for, and was granted, a new beer licence for the Paragon, despite an objection placed "on behalf of the Swan with Two Necks, which immediately adjoins the Paragon."
Notes and References
- Huddersfield Chronicle (22/Aug/1868).