Reportedly built 1825 and the first in the area to use spinning jennies. By 1834, owned by Hinchliffe & Horncastle. By 1855, owner was Abel Cuttell and was then sold to John Brook & Sons circa 1869. By the 1890s, hearthrug manufacturer John Beever & Sons were in residence.
The mill was destroyed by a fire on 24 October 1924 and later demolished. A works was then built on the site.