Sunday School, New Hey Road (North Side), Outlane

This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...


  • location: off New Hey Road, Longwood
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: school

Originally built in 1822 as a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, it was later converted into a Sunday School after a new chapel was built on the adjoining site in 1876-78.

The building was superseded by erection of a new Sunday School on the southern side of New Hey Road in 1914-15, which later became the present-day Outlane Methodist Church circa 1964.

Demolished between the 1948 and 1956 O.S. maps.