Storth, Storth Lane, Fartown
- also known as: Storth Farm
- appears on maps: 1892 [#69]
- location: Storth Lane, Fartown
- status: no longer exists
- category: cluster of properties
John Simeon (c.1822-1895) of Lindley was the farmer from at least the 1860s to early 1890s.
In January 1862, a labourer named Edwards was digging in a field at Storth when he uncovered a large iron posnet which contained around £500 in spade guineas. The Huddersfield Chronicle speculated that the hidden hoard might be "part of the plunder taken out of the strong iron-bound chest by the thieves who robbed 'Johnny Steele's' house at Blackhouse, some 15 or 20 years ago".
- 1871 — farmer of 44 acres John Simeon (42), his wife Martha (42) and their daughter Phoebe (12)
- 1881 — farmer of 54 acres John Simeon (56) and his wife Martha (53)
Notes and References
- "Discovery of Concealed Treasure" in Huddersfield Chronicle (01/Feb/1862).