Star Inn, Albert Street, Rashcliffe

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: 7 Albert Street (originally known as New Street), Rashcliffe
  • status: still exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

The Star was in existence as a beerhouse by May 1868 when licensee George Bradley hosted a supper party of workmen from the nearby Victoria Mills.[1]

It was still a beerhouse in 1901 when widower James Thewlis (aged 50) was named in the census as a beerhouse keeper.

Extracts

The History of Lockwood and North Crosland (1980) by Brian Clarke:

Dating from 1879 George Armitage was licensee until 1890 when the house was purchased by Seth Seniors of Shepley. Rebuilt on the present site in 1935/6 the house is still open under the Bass sign.

Gallery

    Loading... ::::::kia k024248:::kia k024249:::geograph 1940160:::geograph 555584:::geograph 1775445:::

Location

Notes and References

  1. "Lockwood" in Huddersfield Chronicle (23/May/1868).