Stanley Stevenson (1883-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- STEVENSON, STANLEY. Private. No 22169. 6th Battalion King's Own Scottish Borderers. Born 19.3.1883. Son of Priscilla Stevenson, 3 Mark Street, Paddock, Huddersfield. Educated St. Thomas's Church of England School. Employed as a finisher by Messrs Taylor and Lodge, Folly Hall, Huddersfield. Was a member of Paddock Conservative Club. Enlisted 4.11.1915. Embarked for France in January, 1915. Died of wounds at XIV Main Dressing Station on 15.7.1916, aged 33 years. Buried DIVE COPSE BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row B, Grave 1.
- ROH:- St. Thomas's Church, Longroyd Bridge.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private STANLEY STEVENSON
- regiment: King's Own Scottish Borderers
- died: Saturday, July 15, 1916
- age: 33 years
- record ID: 24869
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #24869)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4262946)